REGIONAL MANAGER – Career Posting
Under executive direction, the Regional Manager contributes to enriching member’s lives by championing advisory service and focusing on a high level of member satisfaction in conjunction with increasing community connections, business networks and overall branch performance. This position manages the overall operation of the Grayson, Grenfell, Neudorf and Wolseley branches, including investment and loan portfolios; initiates action to improve growth and development of the branches loan and deposit portfolios; implements marketing plans for product and service promotion; and produces branch reports.
In addition, the Regional Manager acts as a change agent to support and implement business initiatives in the workplace. This position is responsible for goals and targets, manages staffing needs, and provides leadership and coaching to staff. This position requires a leader who demonstrates excellent leadership abilities and has the ability to build organizational commitment. The Regional Manager encourages accountability, has organizational awareness, and is in an innovative thinker. Effective business development, implementation experience, and advanced advisory service skills are essential.
Ensures all activities are in compliance with all sound business practice, legislation, regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures as it relates to position requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS (KRA)
KRA #1 – People Management
• Direct supervisory responsibility for all deposit and lending staff at assigned branches.
• In conjunction with the Team Leads, monitor lending and deposit service activities to ensure maximum service levels are being provided to members, standards of service are being met and that work flows smoothly.
• Utilizes Advisory Services techniques to lead, coach, and mentor a results-oriented team to build new business and business relationships at every opportunity.
• Establishes performance standards; evaluates performance of direct reports with input from Team Leads, identifies training and development needs, and recommends training and development programs to ensure maximum quality of service and promote staff growth and development; initiates performance improvement procedures as appropriate; selects and leads a high performing team.
• Motivate and guide staff to create an environment conducive to staff development by creating a network of employees who support service excellence, promote employee involvement and teamwork and effectively facilitate group decision-making. Build organizational commitment and encourage accountability with all staff.
• Model the credit union’s leadership competencies and create an environment where employees can contribute to their full potential and be fully engaged with the mission of the credit union.
KRA #2 – Lending and Deposit Operations
• Manage the assigned branches overall operations, including both deposit and loan portfolios. Recommend changes to policies and procedures related to the lending and deposit services areas.
• Initiates action to improve growth and development of the branches loan and deposit portfolios, by analyzing member needs, trends, and competitor’s offerings; recommends revisions to the marketing plan, and pursues new business opportunities by establishing and maintaining liaison with members; sets short and long-term branch goals and objectives.
• Approves credit applications (consumer, commercial, agricultural loans and mortgages) referred from lenders, within lending authority and presents recommendations to executive management on applications beyond assigned approval authority. Receives and analyzes financial and net worth statements and evaluates collateral security; calculates debt servicing capacity, negotiates terms and conditions of loan.
• Compile, organize and provide recommendations on lending files that require referral to the Manager of Lending Operations or VP of Retail.
• In conjunction with the Manager of Lending Operations, interprets loan reports and identifies further action required to address problem areas such as pending delinquency; monitors delinquent accounts and works with member to develop remedial plans to mitigate risk of loss; participates in all collection activities including legal actions.
• Resolve complex problems/member complaints to ensure the needs of members and the credit union are met.
• Ensure profitability of loan and deposit portfolios through application of rates, collection of fees, service charges and overdue interest; control expenses through the application of internal checks and balances.
• Provides technical direction in all service activities and acts as the resident expert for all products; provides leadership and guidance to staff on business development and administration of products and services.
• Ensure routine audits and controls are in place for all lending and deposit service functions by regularly monitoring specific areas of operation, identifying problem areas and initiating action for correction as required.
• Direct the production and distribution of reports to executive management.
• Adheres to security procedures as they pertain to the position.
KRA #3 – Sales, Marketing and Promotion
• Foster business development through service excellence and product knowledge.
• Provide members (including fellow employees) and non-members with friendly, knowledgeable and helpful service by:
o Making all members and non-members (hereafter “members”) feel welcome and at ease while treating them with respect, courtesy and in a professional manner.
o Making all members feel important by calling them by name. Concentrate on learning the names of regular members.
o Taking a personal interest in each and every member and make an attempt to establish rapport.
o Showing appreciation for members’ business by thanking them.
• Coach your team to utilize techniques to discover member/non-member needs and promote, cross-sell and up-sell credit union lending and deposit services to members by explaining basic credit union products and services, answering basic questions and referring more complex requests for information and assistance to appropriate departments.
• When necessary, explain policies and procedures courteously and patiently, taking into account the fact that most members/non-members might have difficulty understanding methods.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of credit union lending and deposit services and products and relevant policies and legislation by regularly reviewing literature and attending branch informational meetings.
• Differentiate between credit union and competitors’ products and services.
• Provide input into the development and support the achievement of sales targets and marketing plans.
• Market services and products by implementing plans to increase member awareness and branch profitability; ensures staff are kept up-to-date and well-informed on products and services and in all aspects of cross-selling, relationship-building, and sales and service standards.
• Be visible in the communities that the branches serve. Appropriately promote the credit union and its products and services during off hours. Ask non-members to do business with the credit union. Pursue new business by establishing and maintaining liaison with business community contacts.
KRA #4 – Department, Branch and Credit Union Support
• Develop annual capital and operating budget for assigned branches and monitor performance in relation to budget. Provide input into the department and credit union budgeting process.
• Support executive management in the development of strategies and operational plans; implement tactical plans to achieve goals as they relate to assigned branch, and monitor performance in relation to plans.
• Support change and implementation of branch systems and procedures aligned with corporate strategies and business objectives as established annually by the Credit Union Board of Directors.
• Complete annual Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and privacy training and comply with all regulatory requirements including Market Code, Privacy and the Code of Conduct annually.
• In conjunction with the Team Leads, ensures premises of the branches are maintained in good condition; including performing routine inspections and conducting minor maintenance activities.
• Enhance and strengthen communications through regular staff meetings, group discussions, individual exchanges and presentations.
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline;
• 7 to 9 years in the financial services industry;
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment through leading to the achievement of business goals and exceptional performance;
• Knowledge of both lending and deposit products and services;
• Strong financial acumen along with extensive experience;
• Effective analytical skills to gather and analyze information skillfully to develop solutions;
• Can demonstrate that they can understand, reinforce, adjust and support a culture that reflects credit union values;
• 3 to 5 years of people management experience is preferred;
• Dynamic individual who is a team player and can coach, mentor and motivate team players;
• Role model for communicating expectations, managing performance and providing developmental feedback;
• Sales and service focus with an aptitude for business development and relationship building within the community;
• Communicates effectively both in writing and verbally.
WHO WE ARE
Horizon Credit Union is a member-owned financial institution dedicated to high quality member services. Boasting a positive community image, Horizon Credit Union achieves success through sound financial management and innovative, relevant approaches to providing service and product excellence. Comprised of the Melville, Grayson, Grenfell, Neudorf and Wolseley branches, our credit union assets are approximately $254 million, and we have a team of 45 well trained and knowledgeable staff serving about 6500 members and non-members. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health and dental benefits, plus an employee deposit and loan program, and match your pension contributions up to 7%. To learn more about Horizon Credit Union, please check out our website further.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in pursuing this challenging career, please submit your resume complete with cover letter by Tuesday, May 21, 2019 to:
Horizon Credit Union
P.O. Box 1900
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to ensuring equitable access to employment opportunities to all members of our community. Our goal is to attract, retain and leverage the talent of a diverse workforce that truly represents the communities in which we work and live.