Gold GLOBAL PAYMENT™ Mastercard® Card
Out-of-Province/Country Travel Medical Insurance
Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical and Dental Coverage:
Coverage is for the first 15 days of each trip outside your province or territory of residence.
Coverage is up to $2,000,000 per insured person and includes:
- Hospital inpatient room and board charges, up to semi-private ward or the equivalent
- Emergency medical treatment (including x-rays and lab) and prescription drugs prescribed because of an emergency condition (limited to a 30 day supply)
- Up to $350 per profession for professional fees for emergency treatment by a licensed physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist or podiatrist
- Emergency dental treatment (including x-rays and lab); also covers up to $250 to relieve dental pain
- Emergency medical transportation to an appropriate medical facility
- Return to your province or territory of residence, if Allianz Global Assistance’s consulting physician determines you are medically able to and recommends you return home
- Friend or family hospital visits if insured person is travelling alone and hospitalized as an inpatient for more than 3 consecutive days
- Up to $5,000 for repatriation of remains
- Return of dependent children if insured person is hospitalized more than 24 hours or must return to Canada due to their emergency medical condition covered under this insurance
- Up to $2,000 for return of vehicle.
Emergency Travel Assistance Services:
24-Hour Assistance To:
- Confirm emergency medical coverage and direct insured person to medical facility
- Arrange and pay for emergency medical transportation services
- Keep in contact with you and your treating physician
- Provide travel document and ticket replacement assistance
- Provide legal assistance
- Provide emergency cash transfers
- Provide emergency messaging assistance
Coverage Applies To:
- Primary cardholder under the age of 75 (up to and including age 74)
- His/her spouse under the age of 75 (up to and including age 74)
- Eligible dependent children
People who meet the following eligibility requirements: resident of Canada; covered under a Government Health Insurance Plan for the full duration of the coverage period; and not employed outside of Canada on a full or part-time basis
Optional extension of coverage is available by calling 1-866-520-8827. The additional coverage may require the completion of a medical questionnaire.
Please note this is not a Certificate of Insurance. All benefits and coverages outlined above are subject to the provisions as outlined in the Certificate of Insurance that accompanies your card. In the event of a conflict between the description above and the Certificate of Insurance, the Certificate of Insurance shall govern.
Coverage is underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company (TD Life). The Master Group Insurance Policy No. is TI003. Allianz Global Assistance is the administrator for claims and assistance services, and you can use the contact information located in your Insurance Certificate for all questions related to your insurance coverage, including filing a claim or for additional coverage.
If you have any questions regarding your insurance coverage, the administrator may be reached by calling toll free at 1-866-520-8827 or collect at 1-519-742-9356 or in writing at the following address:
Allianz Global Assistance
Waterloo ON N2J 4A4