Wealth Management Services
At Horizon Credit Union, our Wealth Management professionals work with individuals of all ages. Wealth Management does not mean you should be wealthy to gain benefit from what this service can offer. Our team of financial professionals are here to help you achieve financial goals that are tailored to your personal situation at every stage of life. This starts with building assets, protecting what you have built, planning for retirement, and transferring assets to beneficiaries through effective estate planning. As an individual, a small business owner, farmer or ag-business owner or partner, a corporate business owner or partner, or employee of a business, Horizon Credit Union can help you build a strong financial future.
Today’s world offers many types of investments. Each investment type provides different opportunity for growth and income earning, and each has different tax consequences as well.
Our team of professionals at Horizon Credit Union will provide you with investment options for both registered and non-registered products. Registered products are tax-preferred investments as set out by Canada Revenue Agency and include Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP’s), Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP’s), Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSA’s), and Registered Retirement Income options that will help you meet your financial goals.
Please view our e-booklets for more information on these various products that are available to you:
We also provide access to:
- Variable Savings and investment accounts that offer variable rates and deposit opportunities.
- Short and long term, redeemable and non-redeemable investments (Term Deposits). Special investments with special terms and rates become available from time to time.
- Index-Linked products where returns are based on stock market index performance. Index-Linked products offer returns based on stock market index performance; whereas Equity-Linked products offer returns based on the performance of individual stocks within an equity basket. Horizon Credit Union offers our members three Index/Equity-Linked products to meet your investment goals: Prairies Basket™, MarketFlex®, and North American Basket™. Click here to access SaskCentral Monthly Valuation Sheets for these investments.
Variable Savings and investment accounts, short and long term investments, redeemable and non-redeemable investments, and initial investment amounts into Index-Linked products, are all guaranteed against loss by the **Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation.
Prairies Basket™ is a trademark owned by Credit Union Central of Saskatchewan and is used under permission.
MarketFlex® is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
North American Basket™ is a trademark owned by Credit Union Central of Saskatchewan and is used under permission.
**Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation guarantees to all depositors, repayment in full of all deposits in Saskatchewan credit unions. Your initial deposit, or principal, in an index-linked term deposit is fully guaranteed. The return these deposits realize is linked to the performance of a stock exchange. Therefore the return cannot be guaranteed. However, repayment of the principal is fully guaranteed. Return is only fully guaranteed once the credit union is holding it.
Contact a specialist today.
Horizon Credit Union professionals are committed to providing our members with access to investment options suited to their individual needs. Our team of experts will meet with you, discuss your personal goals and investment strategies, and match investments that are best suited to help you reach your personal financial goals.
Through Credential Asset Management Inc. Horizon Credit Union can provide access to:
- Mutual Funds Investments that fit your financial strategies, goals and investment objectives in registered and non- registered mutual fund investments. Mutual Funds*
- OnCourse™ Portfolios are designed to meet a variety of investment needs and are expertly managed and effectively diversified – helping you make the most of the opportunities in Canada and all over the world with as little as $1,000 to invest.
- Credential Managed Accounts* give high net worth investors access to professional pension grade money managers who tailor your portfolio to your individual needs.
To learn more about Credential Asset Management Inc. visit: www.credential.com or contact our Credential Asset Management Wealth Management Experts.
*Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured or guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. Their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. OnCourse Portfolios are made available to investors through ®Credential professionals located at certain credit unions in Canada. ®OnCourse and Credential are registered marks owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. The Credential Managed Account is offered by Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.