Online investing with Qtrade Investor
We have partnered with Qtrade Investor to provide you with online investing from one of Canada’s best online brokers.
If you prefer to self-manage your investments, Qtrade Investor empowers you reach your investment goals:
- Exceptional value: $8.75 stock trades for everyone, regardless of your account value, and $6.95 stock trades for more active traders. Plus, choose from 100 free ETFs and trade mutual funds commission free.
- Outstanding service: Prompt, friendly service is part of the Qtrade experience. Get the right answers and solutions, right away. Knowledgeable investment representatives are ready to help you open a new account, transfer funds, or place a trade.
- Accounts you need: Non-registered and registered accounts, including cash, margin, RSP, TFSA, RESP, RIF, and more.
- Investment choices: Build a diversified portfolio from a wide range of investments including stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, bonds, GICs, and options, plus new issues/IPOs.
- Planning and research tools: In-depth research and powerful tools to help you set goals, find and evaluate investing ideas, and review your portfolio. Qtrade gives you all the essentials, plus plenty of extras, including real-time quotes, analysts’ recommendations, market news, investment screening tools, model portfolios, technical data, and much more.
- Convenient access: Stay connected to the markets, wherever, whenever. Invest, monitor your portfolio positions and access market information online, with Qtrade Mobile for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Award-winning trading experience: Qtrade Investor’s easy-to-use and comprehensive trading platform has consistently been rated among Canada’s best by independent reviewers, including The Globe and Mail, MoneySense, and Surviscor.
Find out how Qtrade Investor can help you reach your financial goals.
Contact us to enroll.
Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Investor, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc.
We offer farmers and ranchers special accounts with convenient delivery to meet the day to day financial operations requirements. Our technology allows farmers and ranchers easy access to their accounts from wherever they are through our many online access applications. We help with education and planning to meet your long term goals. If it is investing, borrowing money for your operation, succession or other financial planning issues, Horizon Credit Union is here to lend a helping hand.
To assist in meeting your agricultural needs, Horizon Credit Union provides the following services:
Farm & Business Accounts
Click here to view our account options.
Horizon Credit Union offers a full line of card convenience for Ag Business. Our MemberCard debits your account direct so no worry about a monthly bill. You can also choose from a family of MasterCard Credit Cards that best suit your business.
Today’s world offers many types of investment. Each type of investment provides different opportunity to grow, earn income, and has different tax consequences. Horizon Credit Union offers many types of investments for both registered and non-registered investments to meet individual and agriculture business owner financial goals.
An AgriInvest Account helps producers manage small income declines. Each year, producers can make a deposit into an AgriInvest account and receive a matching contribution from federal and provincial governments. Producers have the flexibility to withdraw the funds at any time to cover small margin declines or for risk mitigation and other investments.
AgriInvest is part of the Growing Forward suite of federal-provincial-territorial Business Risk Management programs. Growing Forward is a commitment to Canada’s agriculture sector that’s focused on achieving results, reflects input from across the sector, and delivers programs that are simple, more effective and tailored to local needs.
To learn more about AgriInvest, visit the program website at www.agr.gc.ca/agriinvest, call AAFC toll free at 1-866-367-8506, or inquire at any Horizon Credit Union Branch at Melville, Grayson, Grenfell, Neudorf or Wolseley.
Loans and Leasing
Everyone has different needs and financial strategies for their farm or ranch. Each farm or ranch operation requires a different financial structure. That is why Horizon Credit Union has many different loan or lease options available to you. Our professional lending staff work with you on an individual basis, providing practical information and tools to design loans especially to meet the needs for your operation. For operating funds or if you are expanding your farm or ranch, Horizon Credit Union offers a variety of loan and lease options, farm mortgages and loans under the The Farm Improvement and Marketing Co-operatives Loans Act (FIMCLA).
FIMCLA increases the availability of credit to farming operations and farmer-owned marketing co-operatives to improve farm assets and strengthen production and financial stability. It encourages the provision of intermediate term debt to farmers for the improvement and development of their farming business in order to maintain an efficient agriculture production capability. Individuals, partnerships, corporations or co-operative associations actively engaged in farming and operating the farm as a business with the intent to making a profit are eligible to apply.
Wealth Management Services
The team of professionals in our Wealth Management department help you achieve financial goals at every stage of your financial life cycle. This starts with building assets, protecting what you have built, planning for retirement and even transferring assets to beneficiaries through effective estate planning.
With the convenience of electronic access to your accounts or our personal service branch locations at Melville, Grayson, Grenfell, Neudorf and Wolseley, having Horizon Credit Union as your financial institution makes good sense.